The tourist visas are normally processed within 24 hours upon the submission of the visa application form to the Embassy. With a view to facilitating the visitors, the visa application form and the important information for visa are available in the Embassy’s website.
The working hour of the Embassy for visa is 8 am to 12 pm from Sunday to Thursday. If you need to make phone calls regarding visa, you can call between 9 am to 2 pm from Sunday to Thursday.
- Once the visa is issued, it will not be amended, revalidated and visa fees will not be refunded.
- Personal cheques and credit cards are not accepted for visa fees.
- Visitors may also obtain tourist visa at following arrival points in Nepal:
- Tribhubhan International Airport (TIA), Kathmandu
- Belhiya, Bhairahawa
- Visa fees at arrival points: 15 days=$25, 30 days=$40, 90 days=$100
- If applicant wishes to obtain visa on arrival, two pp sized photographs should be presented
4. Nationals of the following countries must apply for a tourist visa through Nepalese Embassies as they do not get visas on arrival at the entry points of Nepal mentioned above:
5. Travel Document holders should apply for a tourist visa at the Nepalese Embassy. Please send your application as per the requirements mentioned below to Consular Section, Embassy of Nepal, Al Jouf Road, Al Arouba Street, Sulemania, Riyadh-11693 , Riyadh, Saudi Arabia .
6. Requirements for the travel document holders:
- Sponsorship letter addressing the Embassy from a Nepali national,
- A copy of the Nepali citizenship certificate of Nepali sponsor,
- A copy of the travel document,
- A duly filled visa application form attached with the recent photo,
(Note: The Embassy will forward the necessary document along with visa application form to the Immigration Department of the Government of Nepal for the prior-approval. Once the approval is received, visa will be issued to the concerned applicant.)
Moreover, all the visitors are requested to get visa in advance to make their travel safe and secure.
7. Following types of tourist visas may be obtained from this Embassy:
|Duration (Multiple Entries)||Fee|
|15 days from the date of entry||SR. 100.00|
|30 days from the date of entry||SR. 160.00|
|90 days from the date of entry||SR. 400.00|
Children under the age of 10 shall be issued with a visit visa free of cost.
Six months from the date of issue. The validity of visa dates are counted from the date of arrival in Nepal.
A tourist visa can be extended from the Department of Immigration and Pokhara Immigration Office for a total of 120 days. An additional 30 days visa may be granted on reasonable grounds from the Department. Over the course of a visa year, a tourist cannot stay in Nepal more than cumulative 150 days.
- A valid Passport (with a validity of a minimum period of six months),
- A duly filled application form attached with the recent photo,
- Letter from sponsor/company or Bank statement (for private visit) ,
- Application by post may take upto two weeks to be processed,
Important Information for visa application through post or courier services
While sending your passport for Nepalese Visa from various places of Saudi Arabia:
The visa fees should be deposited in the Nepalese Embassy’s A/C No. 7018339 at the Saudi American Bank (SAMBA) . The true copy of the deposit slip issued by the concerned Bank should also be submitted with the application form.
While sending money through Telegraphic Transfer (TT):
The original receipt issued by the Bank showing the transfer through TT to the Embassy’s A/C No 7018339 at the Saudi American Bank ( SAMBA) should be sent along-with the application form. Please be informed that the Bank will/may deduct some amount as bank commission from the sent amount. The applicant will/should bear such commission. The process of issuing visa will be initiated only after ensuring that such money is deposited in the Embassy’s bank account.
One who wishes to receive the visa through Express Couriers should pay in advance to the Courier Services for the return service and should inform the Embassy as well.
While sending the passport for Nepalese Visa through post or courier services, address and contact numbers, including P. O. Box and City Code, of the receiver should be written clearly.
The Embassy will not be responsible for any documents lost in post/courier.
The working hours of the Embassy:
08:00 -14:00 hrs (From Sunday to Thursday)
Contact Number of the Embassy:
Phone No. 00966-11-4611108 , 4645170
Fax No. 00966-11-4640690, 4651823